October 13, 2009

Trick or Treat

Trick or Treat?

It's a game me and my computer are playing.

I'm wanting to post pictures to my blog....I go through all the proper steps.

and.....

the computer plays a trick.

In the form of an error. I can not download anything to the net because of a firewall. I can download anything I want from the net onto my computer though........an example of which would be the picture over there that I hijacked from AllPosters.com ......

but I can not download to the internet.

Does that seem bizarre to you?

Do you have a suggestion?

I'm taking pictures everyday. I put them in my computer. But I can not post them.

Isn't a firewall supposed to protect ME from viruses? My firewall is working in the opposite direction. If I can not come up with a fix by this weekend. I will pack the computer up for a trip to the Geek Squad (money I don't want to spend).

Can anyone help me? I'm getting seriously backup up with my Project 365 Pictures. HELP!

7 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I wish I could help, but alas I can't. I know all about social networking and blogging, but when it comes to the software and hardware, I'm a bit clueless.

Far Side of Fifty said...

well don't that beat all, a firewall in reverse. OK.. What changed? Can you remember any new program or setting that was changed? I am not a computer whiz..but I guess I would make sure all my photos are backed up..and anything else I really needed and then do a system restore back from a date when you were able to post photos.
Blogger has been tempermental lately.. I had to load my photos in IE last week, I finally went into my blog settings and updated to their new editor. Google chrome has been all messed up as a post editor..now it is Ok again. Gremlins I say.. I hope you find a solution.
My email is eugeneh at eot dotcom if you have any questions:) Connie

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

sorry, no suggestions, except to shot the computer and put it out of its misery...they seem to cause alot of that..but I have missed your photos...

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

I ment shoot, not shot...good grief...

Claudia said...

I have to agree with Far Side of Fifty's suggestions, what has changed? The what has changed seems to work for a lot of things other than the computers also.

Did you run a virus scan. I have been having some problems and tech support decided that it was my anti virus software.

My next suggestion would be to run a system restore. If you have not done that let me know and I can go thru it step by step. If you have done it, just restore and give it a try.

Life With Dogs said...

Did you try a browser switch? Or try turning off Windows firewall?

Tami Weingartner said...

I just did a system restore to a previous date....and it's still not happening.

I'm at a loss.....

Life With Dogs....I tried shutting down Norton....and it didn't help. I'll try the windows firewall too!

Good suggestions everyone! Thanks!

I'm thinking I may put my pictures on an external hard drive and use someone else's computer. Yikes...I hate to do that in case it's some sort of virus.....I don't want to contaminate anyone else.

But Norton is up and running and detects no virus.....very strange this problem......