June 29, 2010

Tiznow

IMG_5105.jpg
Tiznow at WinStar Farm

Last week I got to spend a couple of hours at WinStar Farm in Versailles KY (winners of this years Kentucky Derby and Belmont Stakes). I'll get some of the 'beautiful' pix posted a little later this week. But for now I want to post two of the more humorous photos.

This is the world famous Tiznow, Winner of 6.4 million, 2 time Breeder's Cup Classic Winner, Inductee to the Racing Hall of Fame and a Horse of the Year title. And.....resident GOOF BALL!

I'm pretty sure that these photos are never going to show up in a Stallion Catalogue. Tiznow commands a cover fee of $75,000. That's right.....Tiznow is NOT in a state of recession. Every mare this hunk of love meets means $75k is going in the checkbook at WinStar. Mare owners want to dream of the future "get" commanding big bucks in the sale ring or winning races...not doing improv in comedy clubs....or in the horse world.....pony clubs.


IMG_5096.jpg
Tiznow at WinStar Farm

Many thanks to the wonderful Shirley McQuillan for arranging this fun tour of WinStar.

24 comments:

Susie said...

Bet he was just horsein' around wasn't he??

Anonymous said...

Funny pictures; thanks for putting a smile on my face.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Funny horse, gotta love a fella with a sense of humor:)

Tami Weingartner said...

I agree...this whole series of shots had me laughing...I loved them. And of course when he was making all these faces it just went on and on. Too funny to see this horse worth millions just 'horsin around'.

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Hahahaha.... Those expessions are priceless. Great shots.

Gail said...

A rich man with a sense of humor! These shots are wonderful.

CTG Ponies said...

He is such a goof! He's probably fun to have around the barn. I can imagine all the stuff that he gets into.

Unknown said...

Love those pictures! What a goof!

Adrienne Zwart said...

Very cute photos--can't be all serious all of the time. I'll bet that was a lot of fun.

Dirt Lover said...

Cute pics! Nice to see a horse with a great personality. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm sorry about your broken ankle, but glad it's getting better. A friend of mine broke both bones in her leg skiing. Totally out of commission for 2 months, surgery to put a rod and screws in, physical therapy, etc. She's just now getting back to work and walking by herself. Yowzers!
~~Lori

BB said...

Classic! I bet that's what makes him worth his fee... we all look for a man who can make us laugh, don't we??
:-)
BB

Claudia said...

Those wild horses on the Outer Banks are so free, and protected. Although they are no native their history goes back to the 1500.

You can not get within 50 feet of them or you will get a $500 fine. The fine is used to help with the care of the horses, vet care if they appear sick, but then they are adopted out if they have had contact with humans.

What happened to PA Wild Woman?

Tami Weingartner said...

Thanks folks...I'm so glad that everyone is enjoying these!!!!

Bush Babe.....I married a man who was great on a tractor....but that's just me!

Tami Weingartner said...

Claudia....good question! I think I will blog about that tomorrow.

Jami Scull said...

Great job Tami! Love the pictures Jayde and I kept looking at them and laughing! I love them!

Tami Weingartner said...

Jami,

I'm happy that she is happy!

Tami

Cloudia said...

What fun!


thanks for visiting my blog. you are most welcome anytime, Tami.

I was born in Philly




Aloha from Waikiki

Comfort Spiral

Libby's Library said...

Tami - drop by on Friday. I'll have a photo that you might be interested in:-)

LadyFi said...

What a beautiful goofy face! And to think it's worth so much...

Tami Weingartner said...

Cloudia....from Philly! Thanks for the invite I will definitely be back!

Tami Weingartner said...

Libby....very exciting I can not wait to see what pops up in my reader tomorrow!

Pro-Ject 8 said...

very funny horse

Leslee said...

Hellloo... My name is Mr. Ed!!!

Anonymous said...

Only have a sec, but wanted to visit you! LOVE these photos! (following you now) Will be back soon...