January 12, 2009

T Is For Tami

It's actually pretty darn difficult to do a self portrait if your holding the camera.  The outtakes are hysterical.  This was near the end....and you can just see my attitude with the process is just starting a negative dive with the crease in between my seriously scary eyebrows. Yikes....Mariana's Trench has nothing on me. (Do not send tweezers folks I have two pairs, I just forget about those pesky brows till I take an extended look in the mirror or see a shot of myself...both of which are rare.) 

Anyway...last week was my birthday, I'm now 37 years of age.  And I just can not figure out how the last 12 years or so have literally disappeared.  It's scary really.  On the day of my birth I was going to attempt to count my gray hairs.  But I gave up.  I've acquired a few more and they have the strange habit of going from brown to gray to brown again.  Which is bizarre and some are all gray.  And I don't dye my hair so I have no idea what my body is trying to convey.

As far as a re-count of lessons learned this past year.  There were many...but the most important one for me was that you can not sit around and wait for other people to make things happen you just have to go out and do it.
Changes in
...the environment
...relationships
...business
...family
all start with just moving forward.  Sometimes no amount of talking will help you to understand something or will help fix it.  You just have to move forward and make the change(s) yourself.

I am looking forward to the next year.  Being 37 will be fun.  I'm working on a very challenging agenda for myself.  Learning, loving, growing, laughing, striving, just being myself...I'm looking forward to all of it.

Any lessons learned over the past year that you want to share?
Posted by Picasa

28 comments:

Bekah said...

happy late birthday!

I think my biggest lesson I learned this year was...when people want to help you, let them. For some reason I try to do it all on my own, Im working on it!

Libby's Library said...

I think that you did a great job on the self portrait!

hayseed said...

Look at your cute self! and happy belated birthday! It sounds like you have an excellent year planned for yourself-and you're right, sometimes you just have to move on and move forward, I needed to hear that today-thanks!!

That Janie Girl said...

Happy late birthday!

I think it's a cute picture!! you did good!

The Wife said...

Well happy birthday! You let that one slip by us, didn't you! I think you did an awesome job taking a self portrait. I have the hardest time with that. And yes, they end up goofy. But that just may be the subject!

Dog_geek said...

Happy belated birthday! My birthday is this week, and I'm not really looking forward to being older, but what can I do? And I can totally relate to the weird grey hairs that are only partially grey. What's up with that?

Tami Weingartner said...

Bekah....that is a tough one for me as well.

Dog Greek...Happy B-Day to you! The gray hairs are just so weird. I've never been able to figure out the answer to them.

To everyone....thanks for saying the picture is nice. I'm the one who takes the pictures in the family....so there are never any of me. I took this one this fall to use on this blog in my profile...but the picture of Charlotte Pup Pup is just so darn cute that I could not change it out. So I put this one up in honor of my birthday which I consider 'me me me' day.

Anonymous said...

Nice pic! Your eyebrows look perfectly normal - not scary at all!

I think the biggest lesson to learn is that age is only a state of mind.

Anonymous said...

It is a nice picutre. I agree it is a very thing to do, taking self portraits.

I would say not sweating the small stuff. I learned to enjoy everything this year. Even the little things. When faced with your own mortality you change priorities :)

Anonymous said...

Oh and I forgot to say, Happy belated birthday!

DayPhoto said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Mine is tomorrow and I have been trying to decided if I want to post a self-photo. Maybe now I will since you did it.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Michele said...

Well then, happy belated birthday and you look really awesome for only 37 years old, my friend... really, you do look fantastic!
~Michele~

Andrea said...

Love the energy in this post! I came over via a comment on Dog Geek...loved the pic of the Jack Russel. Nice to meet you. :)

Linda said...

Important life lesson - never count the grey hairs. I think I gave up on that at around age 37, and several years later I still feel about 16 inside.

And it's a great photo, and not scary in any respect at all. I didn't register the fact that you had eyebrows, so to speak, until you pointed them out!

Claudia said...

Its a great photo of yoursel. How did you get yourself all aligned? I would have cut of my head.

DayPhoto said...

I hope you don't mind but I have link your blog to mine.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Michele - Thank you!

Lady Fi - That is so true.

Sarah - I was thinking about you last night. And how thankful I am for my health.

Hello Andrea! Glad you stopped by. Look forward to visiting your blog soon.

Linda...Happy Birthday and yes you can link to me.

LindaB...I think I will not try to count anymore gray hairs...I'll just let sleeping dog lay.

Mrs. Pink Pearls said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

A good lesson I learned (off of my husband!) is that one hand shakes the other. Its always nice to be a taker and a giver. These past few months we have helped a lot of our family and friends out no matter how big or small the problem was. Its all about the good deeds you do.

Tami Weingartner said...

She's Married Now....ahhh the power of giving is a wonderful thing.

Mrs. Pink Pearls said...

Its a great feeling!

Train Wreck said...

Oh Happy Birthday! I think you look great pretty girl. It is hard to take a self portrait. You did a great job. So what did you get?? I have found ha birthdays aren't as much fun as whe you were little. Yes time does fly. I hope you had a great birthday.

Martha said...

Sorry I'm so late getting here, hope your birthday was a happy one! Thanks for playing along on the photo challenge, I love the self portrait! The linking list will be up shortly and the entry for the next letter soon too :-)

Julie said...

Happy belated birthday and great self portrait.

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Nice to see your face and happy late late birthday. I've got you beat by a few years. :) And I am counting the grays, too. But it's a good life. Enjoy!

Tami Weingartner said...

TrainWreck, Roxane, Julie...thanks for the compliments!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I had a bday on the 15th and I can not believe that I am 29 years old. I just don't understand where the years have gone. It seems like yesterday I was 21 and just starting out and now I'm married almost a year. It's just crazy how fast time flies.

Linda :) said...

I would not have known you took the picture yourself if you had not pointed it out... Great job!!
and Happy Birthday all year long!!

Tami W. said...

Carrie and Linda....Thank you!