November 13, 2011

Fuzzy Cow Belly




This week at Sunday Stills the challenge was to shoot with a change of perspective.  Then post one good photo and one bad.  Sometimes a photo is neither good or bad and it's up to you to pick which shot you like best.  When Im shooting I always think...'get the shot'.  Then look for the shot within the shot or the new perspective or angle.

I shot the above photo first.  I liked the sun position and the opportunity for flair and I had a bit of a soft spot for 923 here...she was very curious about my camera.  I liked the photo and the angle but thought that I should change my position and see what else I could capture.






For the 2nd photo I just moved over from where I was standing (apron 10-12') and closed up the space between us with the zoom.

Once I got home and had a chance to look at both images on the computer I was happy that I took the time to take the 2nd image.  I'm not sure which one I like better.  For me I think I like the 1st maybe a tad bit better.  I like the way her body is leading my eye right back into the frame towards the light.

Which do you prefer and why?

11 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

The second one. Although I like the first shot almost as well. Maybe a little harder to look at sun glare-wise. If that makes sense. Nice blog!

Tami Weingartner said...

SheepLady...that makes total sense. And ultimately this photo is about this piece of property, the cow, and less so about the quality of the light.

Linda said...

I like what you said about taking the shot and then looking for the shot within the shot. I do that often but always try and make sure where the sun is in my next set;))

WildBlack said...

Very nice blog :)I'll go with the second one. The angle is better for such a subject!

Anonymous said...

I like the first one. The second one makes the white stripe down her front look odd to me.

Tami Weingartner said...

Carol...I know it looks like a seem...very funny. Like an old cast aluminum toy that was welded together.

Firas said...

They are both of same style. But I see the second one as a close encounter and thus powerful shot!
But I still wonder how did you manage that special lighting!

Samantha said...

I like the feel of the first shot!
Both are great, though.

Anonymous said...

First one!!

And I have something for you over on my blog if you want to claim it! pssst yes you are a winner!!

Just Ramblin' said...

I like the second one. The sharpness of the black and how it contrasts with the flare seem stronger. Cute cow! : )

Barb said...

definitely the first - I love cows and you have more of her body in the first shot.