September 29, 2008

Brush Hoggin'


A happy way to spend a couple of days....drivin' the tractor, runnin' the brush hog. It's not my favorite job at the nursery but ranks right up there. This is a field with Acer rubrum 'Franksred' aka Red Sunset Red Maples. It hasn't been mowed since early summer.

I start my first pass.

I've got three rows mowed....one pass each.


I've got 1 row with both passes done. And the rows to either side with one pass each.  I love tasks which show instant results.  You know whether you've done it right or wrong...no waiting for results....Bam....Instant gratification.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What beautiful property you have! Looks like the colors are really changing in your parts. I love my tractor, serves so many purposes. Sometimes more helpful than my dearest husband;)