September 16, 2008

The Horse for Me

There is no better way to see the world then from the back of a horse. The woods are greener. The air cleaner. The mountains steeper. The clouds bigger. Wildlife is less skittish. And you can hear yourself think.

Obie is the horse for me. He came to me after a 4 year search following the death of Tee. I looked and looked. I bought and sold. I had friends buy horses for me. I had a trainer buy me a horse. And finally in a last ditch effort Obie came to me for $1 and a trade. And that was that. The horse for me was him. I could wax poetic about him. But that would not do him justice. Obie's not an easy keeper. Not easy to ride. Strangely phobic.

But....

I have been softened in attitude by seeing things through those big brown eyes of his. He has made my world infinitely better by his mere presence in it.

What more can a person ask.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a very beautiful horse!

Tami Weingartner said...

Thank you very much! I whole heartedly agree. Tami