September 25, 2008

One Bitchin' Saw


We're still cleaning up down trees from a couple weeks ago when the remnants of Ike blew through. Trees down at the house, the office, the woods, around the lake, at my grandparents house. Basically all over the farm. I came home from the office and saw that my hubby was cutting up part of one of the big locust's in front of our house.
"Whatcha doin'?"
"What's it look like."
"Can I help?"
"No."
"Why?"
"You'll hurt yourself."
"I will not! That's insulting, actually."
"You're afraid of chainsaws."
"Oh....that's right. Humph. Well okay then."
It's then that I notice the saw itself......."Why does that saw say 'Farm Boss' on it?" In reply I get a look. Not a very nice one either, you know the look that says 'I don't know what she is going on about, but I hope she goes away soon.'
"Listen. I don't know what that saw thinks. But there is only room for one boss on this farm and that's me. I'm the boss. Got it."
My hubby chuckles shakes his head and walks away...mumbling something under his breath that sounds suspiciously like the chainsaw makes a better boss. But he surely wouldn't say that would he. I'm worried. I don't want to be replaced. I'm a good boss. And I have the art of bribery down to a science.

"Hey honey...What do ya want for dinner?" TAKE THAT Stihl chainsaw...until you can cook, you'll never be the boss around here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tee, hee, hee. Ain't that stinkin' truth!

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoy what I have seen on your blog so far and will be back for more. Our son and his friend have been cutting up downed trees here. Who knew that hurricane would have such a long reach