July 20, 2009

Outtakes From A Marriage

A post in which I recommend two blogs, a book and blame my Kindle (again). I had a date with my Kindle a couple weeks ago....it's a good thing that it was on a rainy afternoon. Also that my husband wasn't home. Because otherwise absolutely nothing would have gotten done if it wasn't (raining), not to mention my husband would have been jealous of my 'hunk of plastic' (I'm talking about my Kindle here...just in case some of you might have your minds in the gutter).

Ann Leary wrote the kind of book that you just don't want to put down. The kind that hooks you the first page and will not let go. Go to the library, bookstore, turn on your Kindle...wherever/however you get your book fix and go get it. You will not be disappointed. I promise.

I found out about Ann and her book from a post that Alyson at New England Living did a few months ago (visit her...she's fun). From there I linked over to the Ann Leary blog. (Visit her...she's fun too!) She goes on killer vacations, has horses, enjoys plants, loves her family which includes her dogs, is well read, and has a wicked sense of humor. So she basically writes the kind of blog I'm attracted to.

So whatcha' readin folks? Blogs? Books? What are your recommendations?

Edited 9:23AM on Tuesday.... due to heinous spelling mistakes and other anomalies......which were mostly caused by yesterdays rushed writing....sorry for offending the senses. LOL!

12 comments:

ann leary said...

Hey Tami, thanks for the plug! Love your site (I'm a Jack Russell nut but have never owned one.) Would love one of the rough-coated variety. Yours is adorable!

Adrienne Zwart said...

Thanks for the recommendation--I'll definitely check that out. I'm a book girl--love my local library. I'm not sure I've even seen a Kindle, but I'm assuming it's an electronic book device of some sort.
I just finished Life of Pi tonight. I absolutely loved it.

Alyson | New England Living said...

Hey, thanks for the mention! :)

It's a great book! Glad you liked it too.

LadyFi said...

Those are the best kind of books!

I'm reading a fantastic book called A fraction of the whole by Steve Tolz - an Australian writer.

Highly recommended.

Unknown said...

I read Water for Elephants in May. So fantastic. I couldn't stop thinking about it. Did you read it? It will make you cry. I also heard that the Time Travelers Wife is good. I keep meaning to get that. Thanks for this book idea though. I am always on the hunt for another great book : )

JoMo said...

Hi! Jack Russell fan here...currently owned by a 10 yr old 1/2 JRT (mama was a Jack, father was a black blur scurrying away with a smile).
Just finished Secrets she Left Behind by Diane Chamberlain (a sequel to Before the Storm). Read anything by her, she's fantastic. Keeper of the Light was my first taste of Chamberlain and I think I've worked my way through all of her books now. All different, all full of depth & compelling.
Cheers!
Jo

Tami Weingartner said...

I am loving all these book suggestions!

I've not read any of them...YET.

Kaishon recommended Water for Elephants...I did read her other two books...I think Riding Lessons and Flying Change. Both were okay/good. I have Elephants in my TBR.

The other Authors...I'm excited to explore.

Tami Weingartner said...

Ann and JoMo...always excited to hear that 'others' are JRT aficionado's!

Linda said...

Wicked woman, introducing me to more blogs!

I'm on an exploration theme in books just now. Just finished 'The Lost Heart of Asia', and starting 'Shadow of the Silk Road' by British writer Colin Thubron.

Claudia said...

I am signed on at The Library Thing, guess I should enter my books on it soon. Where is the widget for posting on the blog?

I have my favorites written down in a little note book, I can't remember most of them, but I do remember I liked them.

Claudia said...

I LOVED Water for Elephants.

Anonymous said...

I've never read any of her books. But I might just have to check one out! Thanks!