November 24, 2008

Love Actually


Friday night I wandered into the living room, plopped down in front of the TV and started to channel surf.  And much to my surprise and delight 'Love Actually' was on.

A favorite.  I saw it in the theater and have seen it on DVD a couple times.  And every time I watch it I 'notice' a new relationship.   Another example of love.  

The opening is Hugh Grants voice and shows the arrivals gate at the airport.  People hugging and kissing and happy to see loved ones.  The last line he speaks before the movie starts is this.

"If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is....all around."

How true and yet how easy is it to close our hearts and minds to it.  If you haven't seen it.  Make a pot of hot cocoa with whip cream.  And sit down and watch it.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.  How have you seen or demonstrated love recently?

9 comments:

Libby's Library said...

I LOVED this movie!

If you decide to try some of Adriana Trigiani's books, I would highly recommend starting with the Big Stone Gap series. I did an earlier post on "Home to Big Stone Gap" The 4th book in the series. I can't say enough good things about these books!

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Far Side of Fifty said...

Have not seen that movie, but I guess I should! Chance came over and put his paws in my lap and licked my cheek! Is that love or what..so I scratched his back for him! :)

Anonymous said...

I kissed the kids, the hubby and the dog this morning! And they kissed me back - or licked...

Mrs. Pink Pearls said...

I have never seen this movie! I guess I should rent it! I know the past few weekends there has been some really good movies on the tube.

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

Youu-hoooo.... wild woman...

Please "edit" my comment to remove the spoiler so it doesn't ruin it for others who might not have seen the movie

Anonymous said...

I've never seen this movie, but I've always wanted to see it. I might have to rent it.

The Wife said...

I may have to rent it this weekend. As far as seen love recently, the husband actually posted on my blog last night and said really sweet things. For the techno-lacking husband, that was love.

Kelly said...

I love this movie!! I like the way you wrote that "important" quote! How very true!!! Great post!