November 18, 2009

Hay you

IMG_7403_edited-1.jpg

ATTENTION:

I am the proudest little picture taker EVER!

My photo titled 'The Old Bank Barn' won 2nd place in a photography contest. I have to thank everyone who comments on this blog for your lovely remarks about that particular shot...as it gave me the courage to enter it. You can view the picture with it's shiny gold star at Learn to Take Photos, which is a online photography school where I've purchased a couple of tutorials (one of which is helping me get over my 'photoshop disability') and taken two online classes. The school is run by two fantastic photographers, Laura Cotterman and Christina Handley. Check the school out and be sure to click on the Photography Tips tab. There is a bunch of easy to understand information about photography.

Anyway....back to me...... Thank you blog readers.... your critiques and comments are so helpful. And I so enjoy our interaction here and at your blogs.

18 comments:

Lisa said...

Fabulous photos, and very calm feel to your blog. Lovely indeed.

Sandy said...

Congrats, I can see why that photo would be a winner! You take great photos.
BTW, I am originally from Beaver County :)

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Congrats on the award. I'm still waiting for my first one, so I can imagine your excitement.

Tami Weingartner said...

Thanks Lisa....I like that there is a calm feel here for readers! I hope that you come back soon....and leave your .02 about my photographs! And I'll be checking out your blog soon.

Tami Weingartner said...

Hello Sandy from Beaver! Nice to meet cha!

Tami Weingartner said...

Firefly....If I could award Gold Stars....I would give your Valley of Karoo shots a bevy of them!

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Tami, this news comes as no surprise. There's real talent there girl -- good for you! How totally cool! And yes, please send me the book. I could DM my address on Twitter. Remind me if I don't do it in the next day or so -- on the run now but so glad to hear from you and see your amazing visuals. They always make me happy.

Gail said...

Congratulations! The top photo is a winner too.

LadyFi said...

Well done you!

I love this photo too.. gorgeous.

The Wife said...

Woohoo! Congrats on the photo! You do awesome!

Dog_geek said...

Congrats on your win - the photo is beautiful!

Owen said...

Hay, that's great ! Congrats !

Just saw your comment about the post there several days ago from Verdun, and the ground bearing scars... what is very sobering is that the ground there, going off into the forest from the fort, looks like that for miles and miles around...

Jenna Marie said...

Congratulations! Totally something to be proud of!! :-)

Ed said...

Great shot!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That was a great photo..one of your best!! You have readers with good taste! Congrats on the award!! Wild Black is doing some photoshop tutorials on Tuesdays.. I have learned a bunch from him. You can find him on the Sunday Stills line up.
This is an interesting photo too..:)

Tami Weingartner said...

Thanks again everyone!

And if your reading this....Owen....thanks for the addition information ..... that shot still has be thinking.

Tami Weingartner said...

Far Side....Thanks! I'm definitely going to hunt him down.... my photoshop disability is going to be banished this winter.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Congrats, that's awesome!