May 24, 2011

What Sparks Your Creativity?

Anna Sophia getting her writing groove on at Starbucks.

Today I stumbled upon an article that claimed that vacationing is necessary for creativity.  I just want to get on the record and say that I wholeheartedly AGREE with that statement.  I always come back from a few days away feeling fresh and uber-creative.

The problem is....like so many of you....I just can not pack up and go on vacation whenever I feel my creativity start to wane.  But as I was thinking about the article I realized that there are a couple of 'mini-breaks' that I take regularly that do fortify my muse.
  • Slow walk at the park with the Jack Russell Terriers
  • Fishing just before sunset...then sitting at the campfire till midnight looking at the stars
  • Laying under a tree in the grass on a blanket and reading the afternoon away
  • An hour or two at Starbucks laughing and talking with a friend
  • Sitting in the pasture watching my horse graze
  • Shootin' Safaris...when I get in the Jeep with my Camera...no destination in mind and just drive somewhere and shoot for the day
So what helps you to spark your creativity...what feeds your muse?

8 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I agree with all the statements. Holidays always do me the world of good, but so does just getting out the house for a walk on the beach. Another one is as they say, a change is as good as a holiday as well.

Tami Weingartner said...

Jonker...I love that "Change is as good as a holiday". So very true.

PS...I will be heading to the ocean for a week soon....and let me tell you...I can not wait to feel the sand between my toes and listen to the sound of the surf.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Everyday life and old age:) Good to see you post something again..I have missed you:)

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

Taking a long, S-L-O-W walk with my camera, just looking around at "stuff" gives me ideas for things to write and think about. Or even engaging in an activity that does not require "thinking" I come up with some of my best stuff in the middle of aerobics class where my body is going through the motions but my mind is a million miles away

Tami Weingartner said...

Hello Far Side! I've missed being here...I had no idea how much I missed blogging till last week. I have a renewed purpose and it feels GREAT!

Tami Weingartner said...

Leilani...I love slow walks with my camera as well.

Francisca said...

Travel, walks, reading, music, art, tennis, laughter, stepping into someone else's shoes... and photography (mine and others')... these are just a few things that tickle my right brain.

Susie said...

Early Saturday mornings . . . 'dressed up' in that amazingly comfy, cotton, cradling robe with a warm cup of tea and the Best Read on planet earth