June 30, 2009

Fishin' The Pond

We have two ponds here at the farm. The 'perks' of having to irrigate! This handsome bass was caught in the bigger of the two by my Grandfather this past Saturday. This was his second cast of the evening. This big bugger struck the ol' top water lure hard. And he was not happy about being reeled in either.

The niece caught the most fish...we finally let her put this one in the bucket so she could watch it. Little known fact....Bluegill really enjoy cheese curls!
No fish were harmed in the making of these pictures....all were released happily back into the pond. Snaps were taken by Sisterella!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

How wonderful for the little girl going fishin' with grandpa. One of my favorite pictures is sitting by a river fishing with my dad. It is OK to eat the fish you know....

Tami Weingartner said...

Leilani...We are strictly a catch and release on Bass unless the are mortally injured by a hook. For the Bluegill...since there is so many of them we have a Amish family that comes about 3 times a year and pulls out 60 or so at a whack to eat. That keeps there population under control. Otherwise we would be over run with them.

Wanda..... said...

I remember going fishing with my dad and once he created a make shift fishing pole out of a stick and a safety pin...it actually worked on the bluegills swimming right by the bank...we threw them back in too!

Shelley said...

Your niece is adorable - she looks so proud of her fish catch! :-)

NPT said...

very good fotos......

The Wife said...

Haha..no fish were harmed in the making of this post! Very funny!

Tami Weingartner said...

Wanda...I have a make shift pole too! I was shocked when I went to my Dads last Saturday to grab his pole to re-line it that he still has that home fishing pole after all these years. 30 years is a long time considering that my Dad was remarried twice in that time frame. Shocked that it was never pitched.

Tami Weingartner said...

The Wife....I so glad someone thought my attempt at humor was funny. I crack myself up frequently...but rarely no one else around me is laughing.

Unknown said...

I love Grandpas : ) How sweet is this? : )

Tami Weingartner said...

Kaishon....agreed....Grandpa's Rock!