June 10, 2009

Happy Snappy

Snapdragon...aka Antirrhinum majus.  Picture taken this spring at Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh, PA.
Last night Charlotte went on walkabout.  Now this is an issue that scares me greatly.  As she is one of those Jack Russell dogs....and they can get caught up with the wrong crowd.  I'm thinking Raccoons...I'm thinking Coyotes....I'm thinking Groundhogs.  I much prefer that we go walkabout together.  We went to the barn at about 8pm to do the last check.  Usually she stays right around the barn yard.  Well last night she just took off like a shot.  She finally came home around midnight.  Not a bit beat up.  Just a little dirty.  She was definitely digging on something.  
She wasted no time jumping into bed and diving under the covers.  Lights off after that and a good nights sleep.  There is no way I was going to bed until she was back to the 'sugar shack'.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

jacks will do that! Our horse trainer has 3 and they are always digging things up :P

DayPhoto said...

Digging things up....not something dead, I hope!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Libby's Library said...

I'm so glad that Miss Charlotte came home safe and sound!

Unknown said...

Porcupines come to mind as well. Glad she came home okay. What a stinker!

LadyFi said...

Oh - naughty dog. And thank goodness she came home...

Far Side of Fifty said...

Skunks comes to my mind, they leave such a lasting impression. They are nocturnal too!! Glad she came home safely..the twerp:)

Tami Weingartner said...

Amy...Porcupines....nasty buggers! Would not want my girls to end up as a pin cushion. I've seen pictures of miserable jacks full of quills...Nasty.

Far Side...My Aunts Jack got sprayed by a skunk last thursday evening. NASTY!