October 20, 2008

Ode To A Pocket Knife

I absolutely can not believe it!!!!!! You have returned to me. My very favorite pocket knife. You were not lost after all just misplaced. It was chilly this morning and I grabbed a sweatshirt out of the truck. And there you were in the pouch pocket. Nestled in. Clueless to the fact that I was depressed and lost without you.

But your home now. We cut twine today and opened a package at work. I photographed you and am now immortalizing you in a blog. Tonight we will kill the fatted calf and feast in your honor. Welcome home, my wicked little companion.

4 comments:

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

Isn't it wondeful to find something that was once "lost" -- even if you didn't realize it was lost!! I just found some money in my jeans pocket that I had totally forgotten about.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You found it! Didn't I tell you so? Quick what kind is it..measurements and everything! You better look for one more just like it! I was sure you were just going to lament its loss from the Title..but alas..you found it! :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

I just looked at it close up..it is a wicked looking knife!:)

Tami Weingartner said...

Yes...I've measured it. And I took multiple pictures of it. Just in case. LOL! But there is no manufactures name on it. Sigh. I'm not losing it again though.