October 28, 2008

PTSD Over The Black Locust Part 5


Home for ants...


Uprooted...


Now this little guy had me worried. 'Cause he has some sawdust on his tiny little back. And I thought. Great not only have we killed this beautiful tree. But now we've gone and mortally wounded a field mouse. LIVING in a field. Which is where they are supposed to be for goodness sakes. But when I bent down thinking to scoop him up. He scared the tarnation out of me and jumped about two feet in the air and scurried off to hide under the felled trunk. After about two more minutes he scurried off. So I didn't have THAT on my conscious.


The lonely twin left standing.

It is not much for it's beauty that makes claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something.  That quality of air that emanates from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit.  ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
I'm processing my emotions.  More to come.....

No comments: