October 27, 2008

PTSD Over The Black Locust Part 2



So the power company shows up. I see them from the office and I run up. "Hey. What are you doing?" So they start talking. Blah Blah Blah. Power company. Storm damage. Cleanup. Future damage. Liability. Blah. Blah. Blah. I can be what my hubby and father both term as 'really disrespectful'. Well that's what my Dad calls it. My husband's term for it is 'royal bitch'. My Mum would say. "Well she's strong and has compliancey issues." To guys at the power company I represent a MAJOR pain-in-the-arse. And this was not going to be an exception to that rule.

But as you can see from the above picture. I lost. The 'compromise' was that they would take the branches down to a height that should it fall the tree would not go on the power lines. Well there is no friggin' tree left. It was a bad night at my house that night. With hubby saying things like "I sure hate to have to take that tree down." And me saying things like "What are you talking about. The tree is destroyed. Gone. They didn't trim it. They ruined it." And then him following up with. "Well....they had a point. Someone could have got hurt."

"Agggghhhhhhhh that tree was fine."

Sigh. Head rubbing. "Tami please. Your not being reasonable. While we were standing out there talking to the guys you could hear the tree cracking."

"I'm not being reasonable. ME. UNREASONABLE. I'm going to bed."

"It's only 7. What about dinner."

"Ask the saw to cook for you. I've had it." Slam goes the bedroom door.

More to come...

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Tami, Well it helps to refresh my browser occasionally! I suppose you could have lived strapped to the tree for awhile..but it would have had the same outcome.
What kind of tree will you replace it with?
BTW it is Ok to be passionate about trees..I love them. I nearly came to fistycuffs with a fancy lady realtor..she put one of her signs up in one of MY trees with a NAIL. Far Guy did a good job of holding me back:)