October 14, 2008

Caterpillar Detective

Are you confused little buddy....that's a locust post...you won't find any leaves up there.

Here ... trust me ... I'll give you a ride to somewhere loverly ... where the food is bountiful.

Climb little buddy .... climb!  Food is near.
This is Epargyreus clarus aka the Silver Spotted Skipper.  Of course I had no idea what he was when I fist spied his ugly little self.  Now just 'cause I said he was ugly....doesn't mean that I don't like him.  I like his color and his adorable little legs.  But come on...that detached head.  UGH!  
I figured that he was a little lost and so coerced him onto my sweatshirt arm.  And since I found him on a locust post.  I put him on a locust tree.  And sure enough...that was the right thing to do.  Cause when I looked him up and found out what he was, his food was Black Locust.  
My powers of investigative deduction are stunning are they not?
I think that maybe I'll get some cards printed up that say something like "Caterpillar Detective.  Re-homing services available."  Ya' think I could like make a living doing that?  Or should I do it in the Non-Profit sector.  "Helping starving homeless caterpillars everywhere"?
I think I should maybe stick with trees.  The funding opportunities are probable pretty limited.

4 comments:

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

You are a woman after my own heart. I am definitely "into" insects. I am not a doctor and I don't play on on TV, but yes Tami, warts will go away on their own eventually.

Unknown said...

Well he is cute in a creepy way. He looks like he has a hat on, if he is indeed a he.
I receieved my Bear Gryllis book the other day! Thank you so much! Looks to be a good read. I'm going to pass it on to my dad who craves books like that.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Thanks for the introduction to your friend! Caterpillars are pretty cool, you are now a Caterpillar Hero:)

Anonymous said...

Loved the caterpillar shots.. or as my son would say, It's a caterpillow!

And thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your words will be turned into money and donated to a worthy cause!