August 18, 2009

Project 365


I took this picture last Thursday. I was sitting in the Jeep after ordering Chinese take-a-way. I got the camera out and started to play around with the exposure taking different frames. I knew what I wanted I just didn't know how to get it. When I thought that maybe I had finally captured the shot I brought my exposure down one more stop and took one last shot. Good thing. Because this is what I was aiming for. I wanted to see those late afternoon sunbeams.

And that got me thinking.....

What am I going to do with this photo....I mean I know that I don't have to post it....and the idea was to play around with the camera and learn ...but I like the shot. And maybe if I post it someone will critique it.

Hmmmm......

Project 365. People can set there own rules. For my Project 365 the only rules are as follows:

Take a picture everyday... hopefully with the SLR, but could be with the point & toss or the cell phone.

Post it on the blog.

I started taking pictures on Sunday for this project so I'll be working on a three day lag.

On some days the 365 picture will be my only post (I've never posted every day before)....it may be just a picture....I may write something along with it. Other days there may be a second entry...if i took other pictures I like or have something more to say. Either way...please feel free to comment/critique the photos. I really would like to know how it made you feel...or just a critique would be good. My regular blogging will not be interrupted.

Anyone care to join me? Project 365 will get you taking pictures even if you are running on limited time and life is a mess. It will give 5-10-15-20 minutes to stop, breath, look around and take a picture. If your going to join along please let me know....I'm going to put a 365 list over in the sidebar.

8 comments:

Libby's Library said...

I should really take you up on this, but I am soooooooo forgetful.
Question - do you take your camera with you every time you leave the house? I'm never sure about leaving it in my car... because of the heat and the chance of it getting stolen. Also, I worry about taking it into stores with me...never know if I will get stopped by security and accused of stealing it.

Ok - I admit it...WORRY is my middle name!

The other day, I could have kicked myself for not having my camera with me. I wanted to get a shot of 3 police cars in the parking lot of a local donut shop. LOL

The Wife said...

I don't know that I can commit to 365 days! Good Luck to you.

DayPhoto said...

I take my camera with me everywhere. I just never know when I might see something really special.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Tami Weingartner said...

Libby....I always have a camera with me. I have a point and shoot which lives in my tote bag and of course I have a mobile phone with a camera.

The SLR....I'm a little more careful with that. If it's super hot I'll leave it at home because the P&S is with me...or I will just bring it in the store with me. But I'll tell ya what...This camera is really de-stressing to me....it's acutally relaxing to me to be able to just look at something and figure out how I want to shoot it, set up the exposure and start firing. Then afterwards to load them on the computer and look and analyze what I could have done differently...or be surprised that what I was aiming for actually worked out. Or to be really surprised that something totally didn't work out....but I'm glad it didn't cause I love the way it looks.

I have a camera bag that is canvas and doesn't look like a camera bag...just looks like an old green canvas tote of some kind. I can not remember the name of it...I'll look later. I'm sure no one would steal it. And I don't worry about taking my camera in the store with me because the are obviously well used...lol!

The Wife...I'm gonna need all the luck I can get for the days when 'life' is getting in the way. LOL!

Tami Weingartner said...

Libby....that Donut shop comment made me laugh.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the sunbeams..perhaps if you cropped the vehicles out. The Project 365 sounds interesting..are you going to start another blog for it? I can't add another thing to my plate right now..but it sounds interesting..you go girl! :)

Tami Weingartner said...

Far Side...No...I'm going to do it right here....since it's basically a visual recording of where I was each day and what I did....it fits the blog!

LadyFi said...

That is a great idea - and an ambitious project! I'm loving all the photos you have already posted.