March 17, 2009

Dirty Boy


My lovely dirty boy!

The paddock is a muddy disaster area. A perfect rolling ground. Every morning Obie goes out and rolls to his hearts content. And every evening I bring him in the barn and curry the mud and loose hair off. This process makes my heart sing. It says spring to me as much as the greening grass, chirping sparrows and budding trees.

P.S. Batten down your bonnets and your toupee's.....The inner 'tree freak' is starting to kick in. Lookout for wacky tractor posts and dirty big ball talk.  What? Huh? Your blushin' already? Come on .... you know you couldn't wait for digging season to start!

9 comments:

Libby's Library said...

Spring has sprung here. I've got so many weeds in my yard, that the grass is screaming for mercy.
Can't wait till I have two legs to stand on, so that I can get out there in the yard, and start yank'n!

Unknown said...

Obie is so cute. I love his name!My ponies are covered with mud and shedding like crazy! :)

That Janie Girl said...

Dirty or not, he's beautiful!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I agree with Janie, he is gorgeous even when he is dirty! :)

Anonymous said...

Bring on that dirty ole digging season! ;-)

Tami Weingartner said...

Thank you ... Thank you... I love it when peps praise my boy. Cause I love him too.

DayPhoto said...

What a neat horse, and I love his name.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

The Wife said...

oooo, I can't wait for ball talk! And I love tractors!

Shelley said...

Obie is beautiful!! Great name - great mane and he loves to have fun in the dirt!