March 12, 2009

Nature's First Green Is Gold...


One my way home from dinner last night with Sisterella and the Munchkins...We saw the the most amazing sunset: orange, purple, pink, yellow. It filled the horizon. It was breathtaking and I didn't have my camera. I went to bed thinking about that sunset. Thinking that it would be a long time before I saw another such spectacular natural display.

I woke this morning tired and in a hurry to get to the office. Just as I had my hand on the doorknob, the memory of something that caught the corner of my eye as I was getting dressed came to light. I set my bag down and walked back to the bedroom. There on the sill in the most perfect morning light was this beautiful Orchid flower, reminding me that natures little displays are equally as spectacular and awe inspiring if only we take the time to look.

13 comments:

Monica said...

What a beautiful orchid, the colors really make you feel alive and happy don't they! I'm glad you went back and got that photograph.

Monica

Libby's Library said...

Yeah - you're back. I was getting worried about you!
My son was as Whole Foods yesterday. He was so impressed with the orchids he sent me 3 photos with his phone!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful picture!

You are so right. There are small little pleasure that we walk by everyday and miss. We just need to really look to see.

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are back too. Missed ya!

Roxane B. Salonen said...

A stunning photo! Beautiful! Glad to hear from you. :)

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

You must have a special green thumb to be able to grow such a beautiful flower on your window sill. Thanks for sharing... hope the blisters are healed...

Tami Weingartner said...

Hello Loverly Ladies!

I've been keeping up with all of your blogs though my reader. But have been really pressed at work so no time to post.

Bad bad bad blogger!

I'm adjusting to my half day spring schedule (meaning half day...12 hours). The first couple of weeks always catch me off guard. Addicted to the drama of it all I guess....sends me into adrenalin rush.

Thanks for not giving up on me.

Anonymous said...

WOW! What else can you say about a beautiful Orchid!

Michele said...

That really is a beautiful orchid! The colors are pretty and make you feel happy!
I hope you are doing well...

Hug♥

Dog_geek said...

Wow - gorgeous orchid! I wish I had the patience or talent to grow orchids. Thanks for the splash of color on a grey, rainy day!

Anonymous said...

A sunset-coloured orchid! Glorious!

Linda said...

How lovely! Is that Robert Frost? My book of his poems is currently 170 miles away, so I'm not sure.

Unknown said...

Linda...yes that is Robert Frost. Love him of course. Although 'Nothing Gold Can Stay' is not my favorite....my favorite is 'Wind And The Window Flower'. But I was in a nothing gold can stay mood. Hence why I picked it.

Tami