November 7, 2008

Combine Harvester



I have an amazing life....a big part of what makes it so amazing is the wonderful people that I am surrounded by.  My Mum is married to Jeff who has a dairy and crop farm in Volant.  They farm about 850 acres and milk 80 head.  Things are always happening there.  Trucks, tractors, and equipment zooming in and out of the drive and around the farm yard.  I caught this photo of their Combine Harvester coming up the drive of the home farm as I was getting in my car after a visit with Mum.  I had just enough time to snap one shot.  And am so glad it turned out to be a good one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daughterella,

What fun for your stepfather tonight- check'n out 'The Pawildwomen's Blog' (not to mention your mum's smile watching her ruddy faced man light up with delight even more than what is the usual on any give day - how he loves this old farm).

We love you!

Mum

Dog_geek said...

...And I won't be letting Mr. Geek see this post. He already has way too many unnecessary farm toys for our little hobby farm, but he still can't help coveting when he sees stuff like this!

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

This picture reminds me of our brief sojurn in Oregon where there were lots of these bad boys on the roads. My best friend regularly drove one for her dad during the harvest. Blew me away...

Adventure girl said...

I love, love, love huge machinery (spelling;)!

Anonymous said...

We finally finished harvesting milo yesterday. This harvest has drawn out way too long this year. Oh well it's finished so I can't complain. If I could only catch up at work now.

The Wife said...

We truly are lucky people. You can snag whatever you like off my blog. I can't believe someone is actually gonna make me a blog of the week! Oh my, I better put my tiara on.....