November 18, 2008

Holiday Mail for Heroes

Do you send out Christmas cards?  Do you have one extra one?  Now, no matter how you feel about war (present or past).  Our Veterans and Soldiers deserve our respect, thoughts and prayers.  Please be so kind as to mail a holiday card to:


Cards must be postmarked by the 10th of December.  For more information on this Red Cross project click the above address.

A little added incentive.....for every person that leaves a comment that they mailed a card....I will mail an additional card.  In other words...if 10 people leave comments that they mailed a card.  I will mail my original card plus 10 more.

Help make the holidays a bit more joyful for someone.

8 comments:

Libby's Library said...

I'm game. It's about time that I dig through my closet and fine the cards that I bought last year!

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

Alrighty... I'll do it...

Anonymous said...

Our radio station was giving this address, but I was in the ditch by the highway covering the electric fence wire for Trixie's fence. Didn't have a pen and paper on me at that moment!

Mrs. Pink Pearls said...

I am going to send some! I was shopping the other day and they had lists of supplies that the troops need. I went crazy buying stuff! I felt good afterwards. But I really wanted to send a card too! So thank you for giving the address!

Mrs. Pink Pearls said...

I am writing them as I type! (Ok not literally but I couldnt say I am writing them as I speak..doesnt make sense!!)

Tami Weingartner said...

THANK YOU EVERYONE! So 4 cards from my lovely commenter's + 5 cards from me = 9 cards....and I think Neas actually sent out 2 so that makes 10 Cards generated from this little blog.

Mrs. Pink Pearls said...

I forgot to let you know I sent some. I sent 18. I got caught up and didnt get to send you a comment letting you know! : (

Anonymous said...

Hi Tami! On behalf of my colleagues at Pitney Bowes and the American Red Cross, thank you to you and your readers for all of your support in helping to spread the word about the “Holiday Mail for Heroes” program. We’ve surpassed the goal of delivering one million cards to US service members, veterans and military families because people like you and your blog readers who got involved. Please view the following video for more details and a personal message of thanks from all of us. We could not have done it without you! Thanks again!