November 25, 2008

My Tale of Love

 
My "love" story is about my lovely little niece and nephew.  This summer on a camping trip.  We loaded up the kids in the car and went on an ice run.  While we were waiting for ice.  We decided to get my nephew (age 3 1/2) an vanilla ice cream on a stick w/a chocolate coating on the outside.  My niece  (age 1 1/2) was happily sucking on a lolly-pop.  So we didn't bother with get her an ice cream.  We give the nephew his treat and drive back to the camp.

When we get back to the camp I turn around in my seat and there they are both of them covered in melting ice cream and chocolate there car seats covered and the seat in between them an melted ice cream chocolaty mess.  As I sat and watched my nephew take a lick then pass it to my niece and she would take a lick and pass it back.  So forth and so on. Dripping, slurping and laughing.

My heart was filled with love for them both.  My little nephew loves ice cream.  And without even being asked he decided to share with his sister.  He loves her and she loves him.

10 comments:

Mrs. Pink Pearls said...

Awwww! That is such a cute story. I am going to have my first niece next month! I am super excited!

Tami Weingartner said...

Being an Auntie is the most wonderful thing. Your gonna love it!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute story! You just keep spoiling them! :)

Carolynn Anctil said...

What a sweetheart. My big brother has always been my protector and I absolutely adore him. Even though he would hide his halloween candy and torment me by bringing candy out for months afterward...

Thanks for stopping by my place for a visit. Feel free to swing by any time.

Alex and Alicia said...

Aw, what a beautiful little story. Thank you for sharing! And thank you for stopping over at our blog. I'm glad you enjoyed the video, we always get a kick out of it. :)

Hope you'll keep popping in to keep updated on our blog. Hopefully it will be a bit busier in the coming weeks!

Take care :)

Adventure girl said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh! That is so sugary sweet!

Anonymous said...

That is such a lovely story. My daughter does the same thing with her little brother too. Too cute!

The Wife said...

Very sweet. My brother's would have just waved it in my face and said nah nah a boo boo!

Anonymous said...

That is a sweet story! I would never share my ice cream with my little sister or TNT for that matter!

Anonymous said...

Staying in bed all four days sounds like a plan, but I've got too much to do. And to think Christmas is even busier.