December 29, 2008

Flamin' Wallet

I needed this little guy on the 24th by about 2 pm. To put out the fire of my hard earned cash going up in smoke. YIKES! 

I do love to give to my family...that's what makes the whole Christmas season so expensive.  The little Niece and Nephew are so cute....and when you know that there going to love something it's just so hard to walk away from.  Did you burn a whole through your wallet?

Christmas was fun...there are still a couple presents and cards under my tree that are yet to be distributed to family.  I'm always shocked that the Christmas music comes to such an abrupt halt after the 25th.  For me the Christmas season is just starting.  Oh well.  I have my tree and it will be up for a couple weeks.  And the church will stay decorated till after Epiphany (Jan 6).  So at least the Christmas spirit is alive and well somewhere!

Hope all my new friends had a wonderful Christmas!  I can not wait to catch up on every one's blogs.

10 comments:

Libby's Library said...

Yes - the fire is still burning...and I'm getting ready to stoke it some more. I still have 2sets of packages to send out. One to New York and another to Wyoming. I can't find boxes that are large enough, and just discovered that there is one bag of missing socks (yeah socks are kind of lame, but I also got them marshmallow guns and lots of ammo!)...so off to Wally World I go.

Anonymous said...

I'm a good Christmas shopper and I buy when on sale throughout the year. When I tell people this they always say they'd forget where they put something they bought in July. But I put all my early buys in the same closet. Then once Christmas comes around I grab off the shelf and start wrapping. Makes it really easy to see what I have and what I still need.

Anonymous said...

The wallet is smouldering, but no big fire as we were quite careful this year.

For me, Christmas doesn't end until mid-Jan or maybe April... ;-)

DayPhoto said...

We draw names with a $30 limit makes for everyone to have an easy Christmas. What gets me is all the food I have to purchase cook and clean up from.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Tami, Great to see you back! Cute ornament! No big flames to put out here, stuck to the plan and the budget! Everyone seemed happy! :)

The Wife said...

Well, I have a niece that I always seem to find the perfect things for, no matter how much I have already bought! I just had to buy her a Chi flat iron the day after Christmas! But it's for her 16th birthday in January.

Thanks for the kind words regarding Duke. Everyone has been so awesome to me. I feel like I have a huge family across the country!

That Janie Girl said...

Girl! I can't believe you live in the PA and I haven't met you!

Maybe on my next trip? Thanks for dropping by my blog....

Diary From Africa said...

Tami, I hope that you & your family had a wonderful Christmas, & that your New Year is wonderful, too :) I agree with you about the Christmas tree & music thing ... my tree will be up for a while still, & the Christmas music playing, too. Infact tonight we are having Christmas pudding to end out meal off with, too !
Lynda, Kilimanjaro, East Africa

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.