December 17, 2008

In The Summertime...

When the weather is yucky like this and there is no riding to be done other than bareback around the field. I think of summer and I can not wait to ride my boy. He will be 17 this year...but he is mostly retired so really hard work is out of the question but he has a big heart and enjoys carting me around and around and around.  And he enjoys getting out of the barn and is sound as can be for 'light' duty.

On a totally separate note...this picture was taken with a 35MM film.  I scanned it in to my computer but the image is not good.  Any tips on scanning?  I have a LOT of picture to get scanned in....and would like the clarity to be better than this?

10 comments:

Claudia said...

I have a HP flat bed scanner, which is dedicated to scanning only. You can scan slides, negatives and pictures. I feel it was a waste of money.. The pictures do not look great and I still have to figure out how to do the stupid slides. I have hundreds of slides my dad took out west and still do not know how to do it. I think the digital are so much better than the film.

The Wife said...

I wish I knew. I never have any luck scanning pics. If you find out, let us know.

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

You should tell us more about this horse. What kind is it? Flatbed scanners used to have manuals with tips and tricks on scanning. The spousal unit does a lot of scanning but doesn't do much tweaking of the settings. Just go for it....

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have two HP's both are ok. I have a Microtek 13x18 scanner for scrapbooks and large documents. Look at some of the better B and W pics on my Wistful Wednesday posts, they are all scanned.
Some photos when scanned will not look great until you take them thru Photoshop or a similar program to tweek them. I tried to enlarge your photo to look at it. How come sometimes they enlarge and sometimes they don't? Anyone know why? Hope this helps a little Tami:)

Far Side of Fifty said...

That horse is beautiful! :)

Libby's Library said...

What a beautiful horse. I can't help you with scanning tips. I'mv a novice when it comes to anything technical! Sorry.

Anonymous said...

He's very handsome!

Trailboss said...

I can't help you on the scanner issue. I must say your boy is a beauty though. Hey, 17 is just getting one broke in!

DayPhoto said...

You have a beautiful Horse!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I love the picture - seems clear enough to me.