October 14, 2011

Autumn Visit To The Woods

Autumn Visit To The Woods
Something so incredible happens when I head out into the tiny patch of woods that is left on the farm.  It always feels as if I could walk and sit and think forever here.  Sometimes I go without my camera just to take the opportunity to soak in my surroundings to sit and view this marvelous bit of creation without having to do any actually creating myself.

On the walk back to the house I have simultaneous conflicting emotions.  Sad...that I can not morph into an animal and live my life scurrying up and down the oaks, burying acorns and getting ready to hibernate for the winter.  Happy...that my muse has lead me to just where I needed to go to recharge my creative energy and enjoy the creation of higher power.

Peace be with you.

10 comments:

Gail said...

I know exactly what you mean...nature brings out the best in me.

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

Beautiful. Sometimes it is liberating not to have the camera in hand, just to be able to see what you are seeing without thinking in terms of making it into a picture. I have often envied squirrels for their ability to flow over and through and between the trees. Not sure I would want to be one because I wouldn't fancy being another critter's dinner but I definitely "get" what you are saying.

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

To me its a bit unthinkable going into such a beautiful place without my camera, but perhaps I should try it and just soak in the beauty as well. Problem is that I will keep on spotting the picture opportunities... The late afternoon sun with the autumn colours really work together well. Over here its spring flowers and warmer temperatures as summer approaches.

Anonymous said...

Wow - this shot is magical!

Tami Weingartner said...

Gail, me too! When Im stuck inside for any length of time I start feeling claustrophobic. In the winter when I'm working I'll put my space heater on for a few minutes and open my window. Yikes! I was meant to be outside!!!

Tami Weingartner said...

Leilani....I don't want to be dinner either....lol....I

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot! And I know exactly what you mean! I love to sit on the front porch after a long day and just let it all out. Some people have to travel great distances to find "their" place, but lucky for us we only have to step out our doors.

Tami Weingartner said...

Firefly!!!!

It took me some getting used to as well. 90% of the time I bring my camera with me. But I have to say that I never regret not bringing it when I don't. It's a great feeling to just 'be' in the woods.

A friend calls this ..... "Sitting alone in the classroom of silence" ... very powerful!

Tami Weingartner said...

Thanks Ladyfi! Love your woods shot with the tree climber.

Saun said...

Beautiful, nice shot thanks for visiting my blog. Happy shooting