October 26, 2011

Being Authentic

I could spend hours sitting in pasture fields.  | Equestrian Lifestyle Photgrapher

I've have tried to stick with some sort of format for posting...with no success.  Upon giving a little thought as to why that is, a conclusion has been reached.  I didn't feel that this blog was an accurate representation of who I've become.  It stopped feeling authentic to me.

That's a problem...obviously.

What does feel authentic is being able to write and share photography as I feel inspired to do so.  Whether that is a photograph made for a personal project, a street photography shot, or something for a client.   It makes no difference.  It moved me in some way and if it moves me, if it fires the muse, I want to share it.

Solution...

I'm bringing this blog back into focus.  Focus on me.  My journey as a human being, as a artist, as a lover of life.  The images that I will post here will be the images I love.  The ones that move me.  That inspire me to dig deeper...make better images.  The ones that make me laugh, cry and think.

If your interested in seeing more of my work you will be able to check out both personal projects and work for clients on my website.  I have Galleries and I will be building Portfolios as well.

4 comments:

Lori Brighton said...

Love that picture! and your blog idea sounds wonderful. I'd def. read it :)

Cheryl said...

That's a great photo. My kiddos have enjoyed it to.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will be poking around yours a bit more.
Happy WW!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

One's blog, unless purely for business purposes, should be an extension of you personality and what you love. Some days I think I blog just for the sake of blogging and not wanting to skip a post, but then I realise again that I get to share my world and the beauty of South Africa with others, so I keep going. But I agree that every now and then you just need to readjust to stay on track. I'm glad you are back blogging on a more regular basis again.

TexasRed said...

Great idea! It's such a challenge to keep our blogs current to our life changes.