October 28, 2011

Serendipity at Kemland

Serendipity at Kemland Farm
Surprises wait just over the horizon.   I was waiting for the Combine to make another pass at Kemland Farm in Volant, PA this past Sunday so I could get a picture of the sun setting over the back of the machine and floating into view comes this ballon.  At first I felt a stab of jealousy, for what a wonderful evening to be floating in the clouds.  Then I was thankful as they came lower and closer to be given the opportunity to take this shot.  Serendipity is a photographers best friend.

Skywatch Friday around the World.

13 comments:

Elaine said...

What a great thrill it must have been to see this float into your view.. Great shot

Jeannelle said...

Great capture! Happy skywatching!

Wenche said...

Love your shot :0)

queen of rainbow said...

beautiful shot. like the ballon :)

thanks for dropping by and the comment

Halcyon said...

A very nice sky! WIth an balloon as a bonus. :)

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Indeed it is, Tami! Very cool! I love the lifting up of dust and the balloon afloat as well. And what a moment for you to catch. :)

Samantha said...

What an absolutely crazy capture..fantastic!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Awesome photo opportunity. I got to go up in a hot air balloon a couple of years back and it was an amazing experience, even for me with my fear of hights.

Tami Weingartner said...

Thanks all! This was a good moment. When you are shooting landscapes, as most of you know, a lot of standing around and waiting goes on. The right moment etc. This was so fun to see. Took my imagination right to a new place.

Lacey said...

What a gorgeous picture... the corn makes me miss Nebraska just a little.

Susie said...

Great shot Tami!! What a delightful whimsical surprise . . .

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Love this!!

Tami Weingartner said...

Carrie!!! I really can't take credit for this one. Wish I could find the ballon operator and send him a copy. He floated down at just the right time.