October 24, 2011

Milestones

Jordan and Haper | Newborn Photography Session | New Wilmington, PA

I always feel honored when asked to photograph a significant moment of someones life.  The opportunity to ask through my lens..."Who are you?" and "Where are you going?".  The chance to capture the most authentic aspects of a relationship.

The above image is the epitome of the relationship between Jordan and his newborn sister Harper.  A soft tender moment between siblings that will forever stand as a testament of Jordan's love for Harper.  Of how happy he is to have her in his life.

I hope that I have many more opportunities to photograph this little girl as she grows.  But I think that this image will always mark a major milestone in my creative journey.  That sometimes.. when something is at it's most challenging.  That God intervenes and things come together.  That the opportunity to capture a truly beautiful portrait will come.  The subject will show you his heart.  Hard work and the anxiety will bear fruit.  Your vision will manifest into something greater than you anticipated and your client will have an image that will portray some of the miracle of life.  And that some part of themselves that is hidden from the rest of the world will be revealed.

I believe that great images come from somewhere else...somewhere outside of artist.  Gabrielle Boiselle who I had the great honor of shooting with last June said that "great images come not from the artist....but from God".  I have to believe that as well.

8 comments:

Juana said...

This beautiful photograph and your words have brought tears to my eyes!
I do agree- beautiful photos come from God. I am not a photographer, and I only have a pocket camera, but there are times that I capture "too good to be true" shots of my grandchildren, or place that I am visiting, and I know it was God, not me...
Love your blog by the way!!!

Tami Weingartner said...

Juana, Thank you for the beautiful coment. I love to hear that my photography has the ability to stand on it's own and move people. This photo is a powerful reminder to me of that. I look forward to visiting your blog and seeing your 'work'.

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

Tammy... that is a wonderful, touching photograph...

Anonymous said...

Wow - this is a beautifully tender moment. It brought a tear to my eye. Brilliant!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

And one day when his little sister is big he will look after her as well and keep the riff raff away

Tami Weingartner said...

Firefly...yes I think your right on that count!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Beautiful job my friend!! I have my first newborn session hopefully next Saturday. The little stinker just refuses to make her appearance though!! lol

I am really putting myself out there with a newborn session. Scares the stuffings out of me to even hold a baby then to take the pictures that will be around forever! eeks!

Tami Weingartner said...

Carrie...I was hesitant too! So glad I'm doing them though, such a blessing and such a great learning experience for so many reasons.